BASIC 2019 DATES
Friday, March 8th
It’s not required, but we recommend arriving in Fort Lauderdale the day before sailing.
Saturday, March 9th
Boarding is between 11:30 a.m. (approximately) and 3:30 p.m. For more info on what happens at sea, check out the destinations page and the schedule page.
Saturday, March 16th
We return to port in Fort Lauderdale at approximately 7 a.m.
GENERAL TRANSPORTATION PLAN
The closest airport is Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Miami International Airport (MIA) is a 45 minutes drive away. We STRONGLY recommended you arrive the day before the cruise (March 8) to allow for winter weather delays.
Airport to Hotel
Take a shuttle, taxi, or rental car from the airport to your Fort Lauderdale hotel.
Hotel to Ship
Take a shuttle, taxi, or rental car from your hotel to the Port Everglades cruise terminal. Be ready to present your cruise ticket and ID to enter the port complex.
Ship to Airport
When the cruise is over on March 16th, disembark and take a shuttle, taxi, or rental car back to FLL or MIA (or to your hotel, if you are sticking around).
LAY OF THE LAND
Here’s the basic layout of the airport (FLL), our discounted hotels, and the general cruise terminal area. Keep in mind, the cruise port has several terminals; we won’t know the exact one until we get closer to the sailing date.
On March 16th, the ship is scheduled to dock early (7 am), but disembarking can be a multi-hour process, and weather can affect docking time. HAL suggests that you not schedule your flight home before 12 noon, to be safe. Not a requirement, just a suggestion. And if you decide to stay in the Fort Lauderdale region an extra day or more, special hotel rates may also be available post-cruise (subject to availability).
FYI, these rooms will sell out VERY QUICKLY. So if you’re interested, act fast. And to be clear: you aren’t required to stay at either of these hotels; there are numerous hotel options available throughout the Fort Lauderdale area.
by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Group code: WTC
Event name: JoCo Cruise 2018
There is no online booking option for this rate, you must call
Promotional code: 030719JOC
Online booking: click the button below
the promotional code will be applied, adjust your dates to your preference and select a room
- Ships embark and disembark at terminal facilities within the larger port (like gates in an airport). Just like at airports, security is very tight, so prepare and behave accordingly.
- Our specific terminal won’t be known until closer to our sailing. Upon entering the port zone, there will be signage to direct you (or your taxi/shuttle driver, etc.) to the correct terminal for your ship.
- You’ll need to present your passport and boarding documents in order to enter the port zone. Be sure to have them ready before heading to the port; and keep them handy for when you get to the terminal.
- The exact boarding time varies, depending on how long it takes for the prior sailing to disembark. But boarding typically starts after 11 a.m.When you arrive at terminal there will be porters to will take your luggage. (It’s customary to tip them a buck or two per bag.) You can opt to carry your luggage aboard yourself, but if your cabin isn’t immediately ready when you board, you’ll have to mind it until then.
- Luggage checked with the porters might not arrive in your cabin until after dinner, so be sure to carry anything essential aboard with you.
- Once inside the terminal, you’ll first go through security. You’ll need to present your passport and boarding documents. (But unlike air travel, you can leave your shoes on!)
- After security, you’ll check in for the cruise. This will include presenting the credit card that will be tied to your stateroom account, along with a form you’ll fill out to verify you’re in good health.
- Finally, you’ll receive your laminate (which you can use as a name tag) and lanyard, a printed JoCo Cruise schedule, a guide book and other items from JoCo Cruise staff Then onto the ship you go!
- Although the ship departs at 5 p.m., HAL requires everyone to be aboard by 3:30 p.m. DO NOT BE LATE; passengers who arrive late may not be allowed to board the ship at the terminal.