What is an “Interior/Outside/Verandah Guarantee?”
Guarantees are a pricing option for guests seeking lower-cost staterooms that might otherwise be unavailable, and who don’t have any stateroom location preferences.
Guarantee purchasers will be placed in a stateroom of at least the type booked (Interior, Outside or Verandah, respectively). There’s also a possibility that they could be placed in a higher stateroom category, depending on inventory availability when Guarantees are assigned. Guests booking Guarantees cannot make any stateroom placement requests*, and may not receive their final stateroom assignment until shortly before sailing.
- Interior Guarantee bookings would be placed in one of the Interior categories (I, J, K, L, M, MM, or N), depending on availability at the time of Guarantee assignment (much closer to the sailing date). But if there are no available Interior staterooms at Guarantee assignment time, you could be upgraded to a higher stateroom type.
- Outside Guarantee bookings would be placed in one of the Outside stateroom categories (C, D, DD, E, F, G, H, or HH), or possibly upgraded to a higher stateroom type, per above.
- Verandah Guarantee bookings would be placed in one of the Verandah category staterooms (VA, VB, VC, VD, VE, VF, VH), or possibly upgraded to a higher stateroom type, per above.
Advantages of Guarantees
- Can book a lower cost stateroom type which might otherwise no longer be available
- Chance you might be upgraded to a higher stateroom category at no additional cost
Disadvantages of Guarantees
- You won’t know your stateroom category or specific stateroom assignment until much closer to sailing
- You can’t have any stateroom placement requests/requirements (“higher/lower deck,” “fore/aft/midship,” “next door to my friends’ cabin,” etc.)
*NOTE: passengers requiring accessible staterooms should not book Guarantee staterooms. If you need an accessible stateroom, please contact us directly.